11.11.12

Facebook + my shelves are filling.

I feel bad that lately all of my posts have been related to the Lolita Blog Carnival. I need to some more writing of my own and update more often! So here comes two posts in one week! I feel like I never do this. @3@


Just a quick maintenance topic before we proceed:

Lately, since joining the Blog Carnival and going around more meet-ups, I've had a lot of sweet girls and guys adding me as a friend on my Facebook. Although I am very much flattered that they think I'm someone they can add to their account, I want to make a quick disclaimer that although from time to time, I do add people I don't know through school or work, my Facebook is pretty much dedicated to those contacts. I like to have my own personal space on the web, and I already have a very public blog, Tumblr, Twitter, etc.

I even made a Facebook like page for this reason, where you can go ahead and keep track of me through there. I pretty much post a lot of the same things on the two pages, and really you won't be missing out on much. But lately I think people have been finding it pretentious that I redirect them to my page vs. adding them as a friend, to which I say: I'm sorry, but I dictate what I do on my accounts, and if you really want to know more about me, it's really not that hard. You can look at any of the social networking sites I'm on and be able to speak directly to me. I just want to reserve my Facebook account for those I'm very close to and meet often. Basically, I want a distinct separation between my life on the Internet and my real life as a prospective law student.

So, for those of you who I was able to message through Facebook and notify that I don't really add people I haven't met often to my Facebook, thank you for your understanding. For those I couldn't message, hopefully you'll see this and know to follow me on some of my other websites, and I will gladly speak to you!

Now that that is over with, onto the main topic of this post~




This past month, my book-buying purchases has exploded because I started to have more time for leisure reading. I'm even planning a book swap club with some local friends, where we exchange books in each other's personal collection every month.


So far I just finished Brandon Sanderson's Warbreaker, which is a really great fantasy book. I was pretty pleased with the story-telling and the character design, not to mention the universe was really enthralling. The ending was a bit too sugar-coated for my tastes, but I think I'm not used to stand-alone fantasy, and I keep expecting things to end on a bit of a cliffhanger.


Currently though, I'm reading my first book by Neil Gaiman. Technically I read Coraline years ago when it was first released, but this is the first time I'm reading a book he wrote for adults. It's called American Gods. I've just started Part II of the book, and it is fantastic so far. I love his metaphorical usage.



I started plying tabletop RPG's this past summer, and I picked up the rulebook for the highly recommended Exalted. I really love the mythos surrounding the story, it's actually eerily similar to Warbreaker. I'm of course biased as well because a large part of it is inspired by Hinduism, so I love picking up those references.




My favourite book by far that I found was at one of my favourite stores, Anthropologie. It's called the Vintage Tea Party book, and it has recipes, patterns, and decorating ideas to hosting a beautiful tea party. I definitely want to host a tea party meet-up using some of these ideas. Not to mention it makes a beautiful coffee table book. Currently it's on my vanity though, but now I'm thinking I should move it somewhere where it can be nicely displayed. Only problem is, my apartment is really small, so I may have to find some kind of outside venue for it.

Anyways, this is a really short and sweet post because my boyfriend and I are going on a date to the country's largest drive-in movie theatre to watch Wreck-it Ralph! I'll definitely blog about it since it seems like such an awesome place that I am blessed to live near.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!